8.07.2010

Day 4 — Your sibling (or closest relative)

Dear Joanna: (PG13 version)


Oh Joanna. There are so many things I want to write to you about that I think if I actually mentioned it all in here, it would take way too long to read. It has also taken me a long time to figure out what to really say.
Yesterday, I was very disappointed in you when dad told me that you took $300 from mom without her knowing and spent $60 of it on getting 2 club penguin memberships, which you already have. (wtf. i know.) I don't even understand what made you THINK of the idea of taking that much money to get something you already have. As much as I hate to break it to you, you're growing up Joanna. From here on out, things aren't going to be easy and you can't just get anything you want without working for it. I know you don't like working on the Super Workbooks that mom gives you; heck, i HATED it. But you know what, it's honestly not as bad once you set some time for it and before you know it, you'll be done with those wretched workbooks. Mom gave you an option to earn money by completing those workbooks but instead you chose to steal. I honestly don't know what made you think it was okay to do that. But whatever. Hopefully you understand what you did and why it was wrong. But as I said before, you're about to come to an age where confusion is all over the place. To be honest, I didn't like it. In fact, I don't think a lot of people do but it's a passage you need to take before you become an actual teenager or even an adult. You probably won't get a chance to read this anytime soon but I will say this now: middle school sucks. Everybody thinks they're the shit and that they're a lot older than they really are. You might find some people who will intentionally pick on you just because they want to or some people who may think that you're not 'one of the popular kids' or even 'friends' who force you to do 'cool' things that you really shouldn't do, like cutting school, taking drugs, or even having sex. Presidio Middle school is rough kiddo, but I will guarantee you that you will find some people who you will actually consider to be friends, even best friends. Those people will definitely laugh, cry and smile with you through out the whole course of middle school and who knows, you might even keep in touch with them for the rest of your life. How crazy is that? Don't worry if you get into a fight with one of your friends. Sure, it's not the greatest but you never know how your paths will be like later in the future. Also, it's not the end of the world if you end up not having a boyfriend in middle school or if you do and break up. When I was in middle school, I remember this one couple, (lets call them Vince and Andrea ) who started dating through out 6-8th grade. They were voted 'Cutest Couple' and everybody honestly thought they would've been together forever. It turned out that they quickly broke up in high school. I'm not trying to say that all middle school relationships don't last forever but just know that it could happen. On another note, if I find out that you DO have a boyfriend and mom and dad are okay with it, I'm going to flip a jonsu -_-. (freaking overprotective parents.....)

Speaking of Mom and Dad, I hope you realize the things they do for you is for the good. Back then, I didn't understand it and I really didn't like how mom would constantly bother me to finish the stupid Super Workbook or correct me on my mistakes. Also, dad scared the shit out of me (he still occasionally does.) whenever I did something bad. If you ever get in trouble with Mom or particularly with Dad, just know that there really is a reason for it. And stop stalling when they tell you to do something. It's pretty annoying when you tell someone to do something and you know that they're just dicking around. Back when I was you age or even younger, I honestly didn't think there was a problem for mom to tell me to do something instead of not doing whatever she wanted me to do ahead of time. The thing is, mom really wants you to figure out how to do things for yourself and not have her nag at you multiple times. If you do that, then things will definitely get a lot easier. It sucks but just suck it up. Sooner or later, you're going to be like me, a 20 year old who kind of misses being your age.


On another note, the teachers at PMS are tough. Trust me. But it'll be fine as long as you make sure you finish your homework ON TIME and don't stay up too late. If for some reason, you happen to mess up academically, it's also not the end of the world. As much as people may think, not getting into Lowell isn't the end of the world (It also certainly isn't the best HS in sf. GALILEO IS. HAHHH). As long as you realize your mistakes, work hard to get into a good university and ultimately, are happy with your choices, i'm fine with that.
I also really hope you don't get Ms. Cockburn as your science teacher. She's a real beezy. ugh.

You have a lot of things going for you, Joanna. Now is the time where you're going to have the chance to make decisions for yourself. I'll be here alongside and support you through the way as long as you at least THINK about your choices, decisions and whatever consequences that may come with it.



Love,
Jennifer

0 Notes: