12.22.2009

Happy 21st Birthday Flooonase!

Or Aunt Flo. Or Florax. (KEKEKEKAKAKAHOHOHO. ._.) Or all the 125443 names that you have been called.

Despite it being winter break, I'm afraid that I won't be able to see too much people during this time. I just found out that I'll be heading down to LA and Vegas this Wednesday to visit my godparents and I don't know when I'll be back o_o. Sigh.

Anyways, today has been a pretty chill day. I woke up, went to the dentist, then the library and headed back home to learn from my dad's cooking. I was SUPPOSED to run with Justin this morning but he left his running shoes in Berkeley. >=|!
I shall run tomorrow.

On another note, it's pretty frustrating to find that even at twenty years old, my mom does not approve of me hanging out with other boys or in particular, dating one. Today, my mom started with the usual questions of "WHO IS THAT BOY WHO BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH?' "ARE YOU DATING HIM?" "WHAT KIND OF GRADES DOES HE GET?" (yes. Grades. Grades will reflect how good of a friend that particular person will be. How typical. SIGH). RAWR. This is the reason why I can't seem to be close to my mom because she always seems to judge me upon my choice of making friends or doing whatever. Ever since middle school, I've had to lie to my mom about the type of people I hung out with. It wasn't as if those people were 'thugs' or whatever you think of them but rather, just that they weren't GIRLS. Granted, I feel bad about lying to her face but what can I do? Tell her that I'll be out late with the boys? That probably wouldn't set well...
While I don't think to myself as to particularly hanging out with one type of gender, it's pretty annoying to see that my mom still makes assumptions that every single guy that I hang out can get me pregnant or somehow sabotages my academic life.
If I ever have kids, I am going to trust the type of people he/she hangs out with or would at least WELCOME the idea of my kid dating at some point in their lives.

SHEESH! -_-

Btw. I received a playstation three as well as Tekken 6, Resistance 1 &2. bwhaha. Words cannot express how thankful I am. <3

1 Notes:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know how you feel. My mom's a little more lenient on the gender of my friends and dating, I guess, but she's not too happy that I'm not dating a "nice chinese boy." :/

Agree with you on the children thing. You should invite your kid's friends over to your home so you can see if they're good kids or not! :P