7.22.2010

Day 3 — Your parents

Dear Mom and Dad:


First off, let me apologize (specifically for mom) for the number of times that I've haven't been reaching your phone calls. Lately, my phone has been in random places around the house and I usually feel too lazy to bring it to practice (which when you coincidentally call) and when I usually do look at my phone, I assume it's too late at night to call back. Out of all these 'blog letters', I think I should show you two this. Ever since we moved to SF, I stopped communicating to you guys because I started to keep to myself during the times when grandma and grandpa where here and now it's really hard to try to express my feelings and thoughts to you two. Through out all of Elementary and Middle school, I constantly wondered why you two choose to move out to San Francisco (I hated it) but I understand now.
To be honest, I really envy the kids who have such a good communicative relationship with their parents because I wish we had a little more of that. However, I've been noticing that you two have been making more of an effort, such as making more calls, striking more conversations and I really appreciate it. I should make more of an effort as well but please know that it's just feels strange and awkward for me to speak up. I'm trying though.
Anyways, thank you for all the support you have given me. Even though we may not express it as much, I know how much you two care. It even makes me tear up thinking about it! Thank you for all the random car rides to practice/where ever, bringing me a LOT of food, giving me facials (even though i HATE extractions), constantly bugging me to wear sunscreen on my face, stopping by Berkeley to drop off something I forgot, dealing with the times when I ask you two permission to go somewhere about 1 hour before I actually head out or telling you i'd be home within an hour but ed up coming back like, three hours later, and all that good stuff.

There's one thing I will ask of you two though, please try to not be as hard on Joanna and constantly compare her to me. She has lived a different lifestyle than I have as a child and because of this, I'm sure it's a lot harder for her to deal with things. I'm also not really that 'star' student you two keep talking about to Joanna, I also struggled in school towards the end of elementary/beginning of middle school as well! I will note though, that I was much more well behaved but that's another issue to deal with.

Dad: Especially after today, Thank you so much for being there. Auntie Roseanne once said that my personality is a lot like yours at times, which I guess doesn't help with regards to us chatting it up but I think 'cooking lessons' give us a chance to really get to know each other. I hope you keep trying to strike conversations and I will be sure to try to do the same for you.
Also, I'm glad that I told you that I made dumplings yesterday =) Making them reminded me of you for teaching me how to make it and mom for the times when I would help her out.

Love,
Jennifer


-------------------------------------------------------
Random Tidbits:

Today I found out that Main Stacks will be making a choreo to "Angel on my Shoulder-Kaskade". *sigh* =(

My hamstring is also being weird. I hope I didn't pull it because I definitely felt a 'pop' during one of the sprints.

MCAT is less than a month now. Oh god. ._.

1 Notes:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same with you about communicating with parents... it's not a strong part of my relationship with my parents as well :/ but those kinda parents just show that they care through other ways... which is just as good... in a different way :) Asian parents show that they care the most when they bring food, haha! :) Good to know that they are trying to speak to you more, though!