5.24.2011

The Show Goes On

Another four years have instantly flashed before my eyes. On the days before going off to college, I remember being hesitant and wondering if I had made a mistake in declining to go to UCLA out of monetary and family duties. I still remember the night before the first day of class started, thinking how intense/crazy/ridiculous my two roommates were for going to sleep at 10pm and planning to get up at 6am to get ready for their 9 am classes (which I also had but like a normal person, woke up at 8am to get ready for it). It's also crazy to think back to how I first introduced myself to Nancy and Jacky, the past captains of CalDB at Calapolooza (and thinking how un-enthusiastic they were with regards to recruitment, especially at info night...) or how Andy and I were handed an Aphio flyer that had Super Mario Brothers on it and while going to Info night 1, seeing Jenn Hom again after going out separate ways in high school.

Flash forward to the present. My ridiculous but lovable roommates are both going to graduate school, one to MIT and the other to Boalt. I'm now living with 7 other people who, drama aside, I absolutely adore and will extremely miss upon moving out. CalDB has grown to be something thats more than just a sports club but where I've met my closest and awesomest friends in college; A team.. no, family that emphasizes competitiveness but being close knit at the same time. I could go on and on about how much I love the team and my regrets for not paddling this semester but that can be for another post at another time. While I stopped doing Aphio by the end of Sophomore year, I can't deny that there are aspects that I miss about it, such as bigging for RHXD and B3P, being on Pcomm & Excomm, heading Hcomm (which, by the way is the BEST committee ever.), and going to random service projects and fellowships. Through Aphio, I managed to reconnect with the first person and friend I ever met here upon moving to California as I consider her to be one of the best and closest friends I've ever had.

Considering these things, I'm quite glad I decided to come here. Being a Golden Bear is much better than being a baby bear with a stupid 8 clap cheer that annoys the shit out of all the other schools... (Yeah I said it. What?) I've learned so much in my classes and while stressful, I am proud to be an MCB major and Asian studies minor, though I do have my regrets for not double majoring. These past couple of years have been full of ups and downs, but I can definitely say that I appreciate all the memories and experiences that I have come upon. I can't really vouch about appreciating the MCB graduation ceremony. Let's just say that I'm determined to see that sitting and getting partially drenched in the rain at Greek Theatre will NOT be my last memory of participating in a graduation ceremony. *curse you weather..*

Its a little sad to think that from here on out, things will be different. Moving back home is going to be weird and it's just sad to see that most of your friends will be dispersed through out or outside of California. It's like one chapter has closed and is another is about to start. For the next year or two, I'll be working at UCSF as an editor and researcher in hopes of developing a vaccine for HIV. I hope to plan to take some classes in the mean time (whether to enroll in TCM school or just take CC classes as a GPA booster or for fun) and really decide between earning an MD, DO, L.Ac or becoming a chiropractor or physical therapist. Oh, the possibilities are endless!


For those reading my potentially incoherent 3am post about life/post graduation, I hope to still keep in touch with you all. It's so easy to become enveloped with other things but lets never forget to take the time to catch up with each other and keep in touch. :)

0 Notes: