12.29.2010

Moving On

Once again, another year will pass by. I've come to realize that as you grow older, time seems to fly a lot faster. I'm already a senior in college (FUCK) and still have absolutely no idea of what I want to do in the future. Yesterday night, I started to freak out over what to do this upcoming fall. Sure there's med school and all but I'm not going to apply until next year so it leaves this 'unknown' gap of what to do in the meantime. Looking back on the past couple of my undergraduate years, it kind of makes me sad that I've put off a lot of things that I should've done and instead just loiter around, but I digress. To be honest, I don't really know what to make of this year as it has been though a bunch of ups and downs. I can definitely say the ending has been bittersweet.
It still feels weird to not be in an official position for DB. I've become so used to constantly thinking of what to do for the team that not receiving logistical emails have been a bit obsolete. harhar. But I'm glad that I have now stepped down in the position because it feels like a bunch of weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
As for APO, I haven't really gone back since junior year due to prior obligations to DB and schoolwork (not to mention my predispositions to the way APO is organized). I do miss the random service and social events you go to with your small fam and I still reminisce on Hcomm <3. I'e considered coming back this next semester as a way to do something but we'll see how it goes.

I'm excited for going down to socal. I think this is the first time I've ever gone down with a bunch of friends (asides from DB LB competitions), particularly to go to TAO. WEEEE! :D. I'm also excited to meet up with Linan and Michael, as well as some good hs friends that will also be at TAO. I keep bugging Phil about it but I really want to check out Venice beach, especially the gym...and possibly work out there. lulz. Though it would be pretty weird and funny to see a small asian girl lift with a bunch of HUGE TALL MUSCLEY guys/girls but that's almost what I've been doing for the past year or so. Gosh. Look what DB has done.
I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. hehee
Speaking of pictures, I've been taking pictures of the arts and crafts I've been doing this past winter break. So far, I've made two big pillows (one DB related, another thats SUPER soft)and a stuffed doggy toy. I plan on making more as I will give them out as gifts so sit tight! I also plan on making a tokidoki munny and have been doing some rough sketches. :D

For the most part I managed to complete most of my resolutions. YEAH Three pull ups and I'm absolutely proud of our team for pwning at College cup. There are still some that I need to focus on again, such as study for the MCATS (May 26,2011. You're mine.) and find something to do this summer/fall. But I'm excited...well, maybe not the studying part.
Next semester is going to be a whole new path to take. I'm seriously considering volunteering at the Oakland animal shelter and trying out for a dance organization (or just taking classes). It will definitely be scary but I hope to have no regrets.

There's just no point in moping around and the only thing to do now is to look forward and smile :).

1 Notes:

Anonymous said...

Go Jen! :)